Heading Home

Tonight, Brody and I are back at the Holiday Inn Express, in Hardeeville, SC. I certainly enjoyed my jaunt around Florida and I had such peace of mind knowing Brody was with Jackie & Ed while I traveled. Ordinarily, my wonderful neighbor Carolyn, feeds him twice a day, brings in the mail and waters the plants. But seventeen days would have been a long time to be, for the most part, alone at home. Luckily, Brody is a good little traveler, and apparently a very easy house guest. He's been invited back next February.

When I first planned this trip, a very broad loop around Florida, I thought, "What the heck am I doing? I'll be driving, all alone, visiting and staying with people I haven't seen in quite some time. Am I sure about this?"

Well, it was a great two and a half weeks. Reconnecting in person was a good idea. Although I did a bit of driving, the trip was very relaxing and being with old friends was so enjoyable and heartwarming.

 If you have followed along, I've enjoyed sharing my trip with you. Hopefully, you've enjoyed seeing people you know, that perhaps you haven't seen for a while either.

I happened to see this today on a social media site and it struck a chord. It seems a fitting ending to my "Florida Adventure."







 

Comments

  1. You are so courageous Wen!! I’m so glad you had this opportunity to go out of your comfort zone and reconnect with friends that you haven’t seen in awhile and have time with family! What a joyous trip!💞
    Bon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pretty Palm Coast

Hooray for Hardeeville, SC